Friday, May 1, 2009

The Word is Tried...

Psalm 18:30-32
"As for God, his way is perfect: the
word of the Lord is tried:
he is a buckler to all those
that trust in him. For
who is God save the Lord? or
who is a rock save our God?
It is God that girdeth me with
strength, and maketh
my way perfect."
It is a new month. I am struck by this verse on my calendar. God's way is of course perfect, yet we humans often forget...or put that fact aside, as we try to do everything our own way. God's way is perfect. He is the LORD. He is our buckler and the one in whom we should trust. He will not lead us in the wrong direction. We need only wait upon the Lord and he shall direct our paths.
At times we grumble and worry about how long we must wait to hear from the Lord. But when we still our souls, quiet our thoughts and ambitions, we will hear from him. Take time to be still before God. Trust that his timing is better than your own. He knows best and what he prepares for those who follow him, is MUCH better than anything we can generate on our own.

1 comment:

Sue's Views said...

I cried when I read this blog. God is sending you messages for both of us. Praise Him