Sunday, March 1, 2009

Turning the Page


I have turned the page once again, on the calendar. A new month brings new opportunities, new experiences, and new light to the days in which we live. If you are worried, stressed, or overwhelmed, listen to the verse that is sitting on this calendar page:

Psalm 18:2-3

"The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies."

Think about each of these words:

My rock: a solid foundation that is strong and unmoving...

My fortress: a fortifide place, impenetrable...

My deliverer: the one who saves me from all things...

My God: Praise the Lord!

My strength: the power that keeps me going, that leads me, that never lets me go...

My buckler: a shield for all the firy darts the enemy wants to throw...

The horn of my salvation: a resting place where no one can touch me...

My high tower: a place of total safety and protection...

God is here for us. He is the only one on whom we can fully place our trust and our lives.

2 comments:

commoncents said...

Nice post - would you like to have a Link Exchange with COMMON CENTS?

Check it out here..

http://www.commoncts.blogspot.com

~Leslie said...

Common Cents, Thanks for stopping by! I have your blog linked on my other blog: http://bluntpolitics.blogspot.com I really like your blog!

Please stop by often!