Monday, December 22, 2008

In the Quiet Moments


Quiet moments are things to cherish

His words direct, so we may not perish.

Listen when he softly speaks,

for you are who He gently seeks.



In the quiet moments, if we can settle our souls and stop the flow of words that slip from our mouths, we will hear His voice gently speaking to us.


It is in those quiet moments, when we sit without spilling, when we listen instead of controlling
that we can hear Him so clearly.


In those quiet moments, when we lift our hands because no one is looking, when we let ourselves cry because it comes, when we humble ourselves, His voice filters to our souls.


I want those quiet moments, where I bare my soul without speaking, where I listen to the voice that spoke the world into creation, where I bask in awe because He wants to speak to me…
It is in those quiet moments that I am truly free.


1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

“And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you; 12 That ye may walk honestly toward them that are without, and that ye may have lack of nothing.”


1 Timothy 2:1-3

“I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; 2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. 3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;”

Ps 131:1

“A Song of degrees of David. LORD, my heart is not haughty, nor mine eyes lofty: neither do I exercise myself in great matters, or in things too high for me. 2 Surely I have behaved and quieted myself, as a child that is weaned of his mother: my soul is even as a weaned child. 3 Let Israel hope in the LORD from henceforth and for ever.”

No comments: